Saturday, September 29, 2007

First day--carpets

I'm feeling very tired (the day is finally catching up to me), so this day's posts will be spread out today and tomorrow. I figure I'll start with the biggest accomplishment of today--tearing up the carpet. My friend Lara came to help me rip out the carpet, and I think we did an awesome job. We got the living room/dining room done, and the extra room (but I didn't get any pictures of that). The extra room's padding is stuck to the floor, so no idea of how I'll get that up. I think that room we'll have to put some carpet back down and not worry about having the hardwood floors. I'll try to remember to get some photos of it tomorrow.

The pad that was under the carpet in the living room was so old it's just crumbled. Most of it turned into dust (I'm so glad we had the masks on. Lara had a cool mask (and it didn't scare Dalton!). We ended up with 12 bags filled with the padding, and all the carpet is living in the basement for a while. So here we are before we got started, pictures of the dust from the pad, the floor cleaned up, David removing the carpet, and my starting of removing the tackstrips (I don't know how to put the descriptions next to the photos in this blog, so sorry for the list. If you know how to do it, would you please let me know? Thanks!!). :)








No comments: