Friday, October 12, 2007

Dalton's room--almost done!!

Even though I've been busy with the house this week, I just wasn't able to find time to update. I bought the carpet for my craft room, and hopefully we'll get that in one day next week. David also bought our appliances, and they are suppose to be delivered on Saturday. The plumber was out on Thursday to fix our pipes, faucet, and install a new hot water heater. My biggest project this week was trying to get Dalton's room done. For the most part, it is done. I just have to change a light bulb and put the cover back on it, put the register cover on, install the door stop, and figure out what I did wrong to his door (I think I somehow stripped the little screw that holds the doorknob in place--can't get it in right, so the doorknob won't open the door from the outside....really need to work on that. I just hope I didn't mess it up completely--I love the old hardware on the doors).

I found out the hard way that an eight-foot ladder is almost too tall for the room. Let's just say I had to touch up the ceiling in a few places. :)

A photo of after I got the blue all touched up.

"Mommy, look! A baby bug! Don't touch baby bug!" When we went to the house Wednesday night to remove the tape, Dalton found a bug on his wall. I have no idea of what type of bug it was, but Dalton was fascinated with it. I guess he is a typical boy, right?

And some finished shots. You can still see some of the paint drying. I painted the trim to the door, the windows, and the closet.

Just ignore the funky light orbs in this photo. :)

I still need to get Dalton's hand prints on the door. Maybe we'll do that this weekend.

I copped out a bit on his closet. It's done the way it is. I'd have to remove those shelves to paint the rest, and I can't figure out how to remove them without destroying them. It'll be a nice reminder of what the closet use to look like. :) Dalton looks so small in his closet, don't you think?
Now that Dalton's room is painted, his floor look awful. I was going to rent a cleaner and try to make it look better, but David told me to go out and buy some carpet for it (after he makes sure he can get the carpet installed correctly in the craft room).
A few other random photos. I found these pots behind the outdoor fireplace, but I have no idea of what they are used for. Mom said they were for special cacti, but I have no idea of what the PVC pipe in the center would have been used for. Any ideas?
A shot of the outdoor fireplace. I'm wondering if it is salvageable. I also have no idea of how it is suppose to work (or if it is really a fireplace or a grill or whatever it is).

This is a bad photo (was really starting to get dark) of the pile of pine needles we have sitting on our backyard patio. The pile isn't even all of them!
The Caprice now fits in it's parking spot. :)
As we were were walking back up the path to the front, what I do I see??
The last flower blooming of the season. Dalton grabbed it before I was able to snap the picture, so it took some damage. But what a beautiful flower. :)
Tonight I am prepping the wood floor to be polyurethaned, and that is going on tomorrow. It should be an all-day type job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, those are strawberry pots. Does the PVC have holes drilled in it? If so, I'm going to guess that was how they were watered since the top would also have strawberry plants. The tube would be an easy way of watering without getting the top plants wet. Those pots don't hold the moisture in like plastic ones would, so you would need to water often. Just a guess!

http://www.homemadesimple.com/en_US/nbrcontent.do?contentType=op&articleId=ar055

Anonymous said...

Wow! I LOVE your floor! I can't believe they put carpet over it!Your home is really coming along! Isn't it more fun (and a bit of a headache) to make-over a fixer upper? We're just about completed ours, after being moved in for a YEAR!
Kate