Wednesday, October 31, 2007

We are moved!!! Carpet time!!

Well, we are now moved completely into our new house. Moving day wasn't too bad at all. We had gotten a lot of the boxes moved over beforehand, so only the furniture was left to move. We still have quite a few boxes left to unpack, but things are coming together quite nicely. I don't remember if I mentioned that we bought a washer off of Craigslist, but it's a pretty good machine. We do have a bit of leakage when we run it, but I don't know if it's the machine, or the connections (and I haven't worried too much about it--it's not much at all). We found out we have a good little leak when it rains hard, and it comes from behind our water heater. We'll work on fixing that by spring I think. Again, nothing too bad...since we know about it, we can live with it for a while. One little (well, maybe not little) thing about our house is very screwy--the circuits (or I guess they would be fuses). We've made it a game to see what combination of appliances/items we can run together to blow the fuse. Currently, it looks like our washer, dryer, entire kitchen, half of the living room, and the bathroom are all on one fuse. Another fuse has the other half of the living room, outside lights, basement lights, Dalton's room, and the upstairs lights on it. My wonderful electrician of a Daddy is going to help us out with that (thanks Dad!!). We also discovered that the previous owners fixed a hole in the bathroom sink pipe, and that caused the sink to run slow. We've also had Roto Rooter out here to snake our kitchen sink (stopped up the one night we have friends over to show off the place), and fix the bathroom sink and snake it. At least the toilet and bathtub worked correctly. :) Overall, the problems haven't bothered me too much--they could have been a lot worse.

Onto other things:

Dalton's carpet--we bought an area rug that fits most of his room. I'm going to work on getting the carpet around it cleaned up, but it was much easier to put in than a whole room of carpet.

Here's David carrying in the carpet we bought.




Remember this floor? You can see spots that I cleaned and the real color is showing through there. It's just a horribly dirty, stained carpet.


Another shot of it:

David attaching the tape to the underside of the area rug
And voila!

It really helps brighten up his room (and Dalton just loves having his blue carpet)

David admiring his work (the carpet looks much darker than it really is in this shot)


We also bought an area rug for under our couches. They were sliding around way too much on the hardwood (and leaving some nice big scratches). I think it really defines the sitting area, and gives Dalton a nice soft (and warm) area to play on.

It is a uniform color (I don't know why it looks speckled in the photos??)

"Help Mommy! I stuck!"


My craft room/exercise room....remember this mess? It is no longer there.

Putting the padding down

"Mommy, I helping Daddy!"

And the carpet is down!





We still need to put the moldings back around the wall, but I'm not too worried about them. I'll prolly try getting the room painted before we put those back on.

And our last little bit of news....
Sunday we bought a puppy. Shyla is a eight week old black lab. She's as cute as a button, has tons of energy, and just loves terrorizing Dalton. They'll be best pals in a few weeks I bet. :)


That's all for now! Hope everyone has a wonderful (and safe) Halloween tonight!

No comments: