Saturday, October 6, 2007

Dalton's room--progress

Today we started on Dalton's room. My good friend Tammy came over to help me, and we decided to do his room (instead of the water heater or outside work). So, after a trip to Home Depot, we got started.

Here's some photos of his room before we got started. The walls are lavender (it doesn't show up too well in the photos I think), and there were quite a few hooks in each of the walls.



We got the hooks out of the wall and the holes filled in (done almost entirely by the wonderful Tammy).

And got started on the painting. The ceiling was the lavender color also, so we started on that and painted it white.

While Tammy was tackling the ceiling, I took the closet. You can see the lovely pink color it use to be.



I need to get a step ladder to finish the closet, and it'll need at least one more coat of white on it, but it's mostly done. You can see the blue color I picked for his room (he wanted a blue room, so he got it). I still need to do the trim on the closet, windows, and doors, and touch up around the edges. I still have to do parts close to the ceiling (after the paint dries a bit)





I decided to paint the wood insert on the door, and I think I might have Dalton do a hand print (or two) on it in white.



Overall, I think it's coming along very nicely. I'll finish it up later this week. I am very pleased with how it's turning out so far--I just really need to get a step ladder to get the top sections (we stood on a cooler today, but that wasn't the most sturdy).

David got the driveway cleared out to where he can fit his car in, but I forgot to get photos of it. I'll get some later on this week. We've also been moving quite a bit of stuff over to the house and storing it in the basement and upstairs section, so hopefully when we move in we won't have too much to cart.

I did have one injury today (typical Michelle moment)...I went to stand on the cooler while it was in the kitchen to see if it would support my weight, and I hit my head on the oven vent hood. Needless to say, I have quite a sore head at the moment, but I'll survive. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The room looks great! I also like the idea about the handprints on the door!
XXXOOO Mom