Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hardwood, plumbing, pine needles, firetruck

I got up at the crack of dawn today to accomplish a big task--put the polyurethane on the living room floor.

Remember this?

Well, it now looks like this:

The floor is still drying, so I couldn't get too many pictures from different angles. I got two coats of polyurethane on (it took about 5-6 hours for the first coat to dry, instead of the 4 the container said), and might get one more on if I feel like it needs it after it dries.

I don't know if you are able to see it too well, but in this picture, the boards on the left running horizontally are coated and the five (or so) on the right are coated, but the ones in the middle are not. It was amazing to see the difference, but I don't think it showed up too well in the photo.

Me working hard on the second coat.

Smile for the camera!!

Another picture of the finished floor.


A few other notables that I haven't mentioned....

The water heater and plumbing was installed/fixed on Thursday. I didn't get any before shots (not that they'd be particularly interesting, according to David), but here's the new water heater that was put in.

This is the main water line coming into the house. We had a pretty good leak going here, and that's 100% gone now (YAY!).

The white pipe is the new pipe here. This one looked like it had a big bite taken out of it, what caused it, I don't know (prolly because it froze last winter). The valves are also new (leaked like crazy too).


I also got quite a bit of work done in the yard today while waiting for the polyurethane to dry. I managed to get eight 30-gallon bags of pine needles bagged up.

And my pile of sticks that are growing. After I took this photo, I got a pretty good sized branch down from the tree. :)
Even though I got so much cleared away, there's still a nice little pile that keeps growing as I get more and more pulled out of the yard.
But look! A clear spot! The only one that exists so far in the backyard. The little tree on the right will be pulled up at some point.
Also, while waiting for the polyurethane to dry, we took a drive out to Lowe's. This month is fire prevention month, so they have a workshop for kids to make a firetruck. Colerain Township also had a firetruck out for the kids to see. Dalton was so excited to see the firetruck. He also had a blast while we made his firetruck. They gave him his own Lowe's apron, fire hat, and a few other goodies. Here's some pictures of him working on his firetruck.

He got tired of trying to do it himself (he just wanted to play with his firetruck), so David and I had to finish it for him. No pictures of the finished product, since I had a little buzz going from all the polyurethane, and the body of the truck ended up on at a funky angle. :)

And last, but not least, just a picture of the cutie himself. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, everything looks so good, those floors are beautiful. great job guys, i can't wait for more updates!
kelli carley from sg

Anonymous said...

Wow!! The floors looks super :)

You guys are really bringing out the charm in that house- WTG!

Ruth
grousy on SG/PIN